Friday, June 17, 2016

The last of the 40 baby hats and my WIP's

This was a fun project.  40 baby hats by July 16th.  Well, I finished 4 weeks early and I'm super proud of myself because I really thought I'd get bored and quit LOL. 
 
Here's the last 8.
 

 
I still need to make 4 more for Maureen's storytime dolls because I want them to have cuter ones with pompoms but that will be super easy.
 
Now that I'm done with the storytime baby doll hats, I feel kind of aimless with my knitting.  That goal of 40 really kept me motivated!
 
I have several projects in my queue and also three WIP's that I need to finish.


The orange socks I'll finish in class the next few Saturdays. 

I need to look up how to do Kitchener stitch and finish my I Was A Teenage Mutant Hat because as much as I'm worried about messing it up, it's definitely not being worn in it's half finished state. 
 
I also need to finish my Owl Beanie.  I decided to make it slouchy and add a pompom and maybe add buttons for the eyes so I have a bit more to do.
 
After finishing the 40 baby hat challenge, I decided to find other, cheaper ways to get my knitting fix other then buying $18 a skein fancy yarn.  (I'm still going to buy that stuff but not as frequently.  I just can't afford it.  I do want to save up for about 4 skeins of some really nice yarn for a cardigan but I'll worry about that closer to fall.)
 
I went by the hospital and volunteered to make baby hats and chemo caps.  I'm not a big fan of the yarn they gave me.  It's finer weight then the worsted that I like to use so each hat will take longer but oh well. Maybe I'll really like the FO. 

 
For the chemo caps they gave me a skein of I Love This Cotton.  Which is cool because I really like knitting with that.  The lady at the hospital said they use I Love This Cotton because the hats need to be really soft.  I'm not crazy about the pattern so I might use some other patterns (or maybe add flowers or something to jazz it up).  I also found some cool patterns to try on Ravelry.  I wanna learn how to do stranded color work so this will give me an excuse to try it.
 
I also want to make some dishcloths for my coworker Maureen.  I picked some really cool colors and I think she'll like them.  I also get to try a new pattern! 
 


The Ballband Pattern looks so cool and I'm dying to give it a try. 
 
 
 
I also want to make her a Ballband Hanging Dishtowel because why not?! 
 
 
If I really like it I'll be making tons of them in all kinds of combos and giving them to everyone!
 
I'm also excited to make this Stash Buster Cushion
 
 
I love stuff with a rainbow color pattern.  I think I can use cotton yarn and it will be cheaper then fancy wool and nicer then acrylic and hopefully durable enough to withstand my curious cat.
 
I think my obsession with rainbows started with Rainbow Brite when I was a kid.  I loved the show, the doll and her horse.  I want to make so many rainbow knits. 
 
I'll start with this pillow and see what else I can find!
 
 
So, 
 
  • 3 WIP's
  • 4 more baby hats for Maureen's storytime babies (they need spring colors)
  • Baby hats for hospital
  • Chemo caps for hospital
  • 4 dishcloths and 1 dishtowel for Maureen
  • Stash Buster Pillow for me!
 
Hopefully that list will keep me busy and deliver me from project inertia LOL
 

No comments:

Post a Comment