Thursday, January 7, 2016

Finished Mitts and McCall's 6970

Finished the Maine Morning Mitts!  I tested them out at work before sending them to their new owner.  I think they'll work :)



I need some new work clothes so I decided to work on something easy and basic.
 
 
 
Right now, I'm working on grading up View B.
 
 
 
 
I don't really know what I'm doing.  I did some internet research and this is what I came up with.  I wanted to add 4 inches overall to the width so I decided to slash and spread by 1/2" in two spots.  Then I added 3" to the length because I want it to be like a tunic and I figure I can always cut it off later. 
 
 
 
This is what I came up with.  I was super excited that it fit!  I added 1" to the regular 5/8" seam allowance just in case.  

This pattern would work.  I could make it and wear it and it would be fine but I want to make a few more adjustments so it will be more then fine.  I plan to lower the bust dart and do a full bust adjustment.  I also don't like how wide the neck hole is so I think I will take an inch out of the center, pulling in the neck hole and then add it to the seam allowance if that makes sense. 

I also want to make the slit on the front a little longer. After all those changes, I'll need to make new interfacing.  I think I can do these adjustments pretty easily and then I'll have an awesome well-fitting top that I can make over and over!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment