Thursday, December 31, 2015

Knitting Projects in my Queue - Conversationalist, Lambing Mitts, Outlander Mitts and Miss Marple Scarf

After I finish my uncle's Mariner's Scarf I'm gonna indulge in some selfish knitting :)
I'm dying to make this hat!! Not sure why.  Its not a particularly challenging pattern.  I think its the pompom ;)
Its the Conversationalist from Plucky Knitter and its a totally free pattern!


After the hat, I wanna try some mitts again.  I'm thinking about doing these Lambing Mitts.  They are another totally free pattern from Veronika Jobe.  I think they are supposed to be for a dude but I don't care lol.  I heard about them on episode 113 of the Doubleknit Podcast.  Yes, I'm listening to knitting podcasts now!



I really wanna try the Lambing Mitts but I still yearn to knit something from Outlander.  There are a bunch of mitts on that show but I think Claire's are my favorite.  Maybe I can knit both lol.  This is the Cabled Armwarmers pattern by Elaise Piper.  Its totes free :)



This pattern seems kind of frivolous and quaint and might look terrible on me but I still wanna try it.  Its the Miss Marple Scarf.  I've wanted to make a self-closing scarf ever since I saw Dot wearing one on Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries! I love that show!  It looks snuggly and warm and might make me look like an old lady but whatev, granny chic is a thing, y'all.


Just saw this pattern on @cascadeyarns on Instagram.  Knitted Neck Scarf by Martha Stewart Design Team.  I might use this pattern.  Not sure yet but isn't it pretty <3



Also, in the back of my brain I'm thinking about trying my hand at socks.  I'm not sure what pattern to use yet.  I want to make a pair for my bro.  He doesn't like hats or scarves or mitts so I gotta step up my game!  And I've been itching to try them for awhile so they might move up in the queue if I find a super amazing pattern or yarn that I have to try. Both Yarniacs and Doubleknit podcasts have mentioned the Rose City Rollers pattern so I might give that a try.  Not totally dude appropriate but maybe I can butch them up with a manly color and make them taller :)




So much to knit!  Can't wait to try them!










No comments:

Post a Comment