Friday, September 9, 2016

Actually wearing the dresses I sewed, Owl Beanie FO's and future de-stashing efforts

This pic is terrible LOL. But I was super excited to actually wear a dress that I made to work which was my initial intention so it was nice that a plan worked out :)

I have worn the three dresses I made from this pattern often and I plan to make another soon to use up some of my stash.

So, I forgot to take a pic of the finished hat before I gave it away but here are the little owls. I actually had to rip it out because I forgot to use the larger needle after knitting the ribbed brim :(. But it worked out and I finally finished it and passed it on. 


In the spirit of de-stashing I decided to use the Knit Picks Hawthorne fingering weight in Turkish Delight to make a Newborn Vertebrae Cardigan. I really want to make a cardi for myself and I figure this will be a good start in learning the process and also using up my stash.  I think I can use the Rainbow Felici for this pattern as well.


In order to make the Newborn Vertebrae I needed some smaller needles so I placed a Knit Picks order and also added some white and grey cheap fingering to the order. I want to make some accessories for my cube at work so it was absolutely necessary LOL. I also wanted the grey fingering for cuffs on another vertebrae cardi made with the rainbow Felici. That's my plan anyway. 


Well, I actually won something at the local county fair this year.  There were no socks entered this year so I think that gave my owl hat a better chance at wining a ribbon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment