Saturday, August 20, 2016

Organizing and using up my stash so I can justify buying new yarn ;)

I finished my pink and purple Sara's Slouch.  I had to make it short to match my green and blue version LOL



Like I mentioned in my last post, I'm getting bored with the charity knitting.  I wanted to work with really nice wool again instead of cotton and acrylic.  So I started going thru my stash.  I knew that I had some gold and basil from Plymouth Select left but I didn't realize it was so much!  The gold is earmarked for a Miss Marple scarf for a friend and a hat if I have enough left.  The basil, I'm not sure probably more hats.  I really like the Gellatly pattern so hopefully I can figure out how to buy it.

I kind of aspirationally bought some sock yarn from Knit Picks.  I love the Hawthorne Kettle Dyed Turkish delight but I'm not really into making socks with it now.  I could make a cardigan but I don't have enough and not sure if I could request the same dye lot from Knit Picks.  Pretty sure that stuff will be last in my knitting queue :(

This also gave me the chance to organize my Malabrigo remnants.  So pretty.  Hopefully I'll have enough to doe something with soon :)




I have one bin dedicated to knitting stuff.  The yellow Wonder Woman sack in the back is all of my Cascade 220.  Doubt I'll be using that much since it pretty much feels like twine now that I've developed finer tastes in yarn ;)

The sack to the left is some other lower quality yarn that I was given.  My ziploc of needles and various other tools and my printed patterns.  I need to organize the patterns better because they are always such a pain to go through.



I stuffed my Plymouth and Knit Picks yarn in the front so it will be easy to find and use up.  I don't know what I'm gonna do with that Felici Rainbow.




I live in an apartment and move like every two years so this is all the space that I can designate to yarn stuff.  One drawer, my containers with cotton and acrylic, my Knit Picks shipping boxes with Knit Picks tools and two sack of unfinished projects that I don't want to forget about.  I still have to make the mate to the sock I finished in sock class.




After finishing the Sarah's Slouch I started another Owl Beanie.  I love how the first one turned out.  I'm not really into the Archangel colorway anymore so I'm making it up to give away.  It will still be pretty tho but for someone else :)




Lots of knitting to do.  I should be able to find enough to keep my knitting mojo humming :)





No comments:

Post a Comment