Friday, November 25, 2016

FO socks and Mama Vertebrae WIP

Finally finished my first pair of socks! I think they turned out pretty good for a first attempt. I used Knit Picks Felici in Rainbow and a gray Felici for the contrast color. Things I learned: two at a time magic loop is where it's at, with self-striping yarn I need to start with the same color stripe, I followed the pattern and made the leg part 7" long but it's really too tall for me, I need to cast on more stitches next time for a looser sock (I may give these away, they're a bit snug), my kitchener stitch on the toe wasn't the best (the second sock is way better then the first). 

I definitely want to make more socks and I'm so excited to wear these despite their flaws. They aren't good enough to enter in the fair but now that I feel more comfortable with sock making I'll have better luck at making that winning pair ;)

I like this yarn. It's a good alternative if I want a cheaper option. It did split pretty bad which was annoying but it's soft so that's good. I think my next socks I'll get some higher quality yarn. I feel better about doing that since I was successful with this cheaper pair. 



I've been working on this Mama Vertebrae since October 16th. It feels like it's taking forever! I like how it's turning out tho. I can see the end in sight so I'll try to focus on it completely and get it done!



I gave my cousin Amelia a Gellatly Hat and she sent me a pic on Thanksgiving. I love the way it looks with her red hair!


Then today her sister Abigail sent me a pic of both of them wearing the hats I made them. So cute!! Made me tear up, y'all. 




Here's Ripley imitating a shrimp :)








No comments:

Post a Comment