Sunday, February 5, 2017

Another Simplicity 1620 jacket and Pussy Hats

Finished this Simplicity 1620 jacket. I'm happy with the way it turned out. I tried to be more mindful and attentive with the sewing process so it turned out better then the first (which I rushed) but washing it made it pill. Really annoyed about that! If it wasn't for the pilling it would be perfect for work. I'm going to look into some depilling options. I wear my yellow rainbow one at home all the time. It's really comfy.



The socks are on hold for now. Some friends from work asked if I could make some Pussy Hats for them. I bought this really cool sparkly yarn from Joanns. 
used this pattern. It had been in my favorites on Ravelry for a long time. 


The pattern called for worsted and the ball band says worsted and size 8 needles but it knit up more like a sport weight to me. My first attempt, I cast on the suggested 88 stitches and used US 6 needles for the brim but it was way too small. Ripley liked it tho 😉





So I ripped it out and cast on 96. It was better and probably close to average sized. It was still a bit too small for my 22 1/2" head but it will fit the smaller headed ladies. I turned it inside out to do the Three Needle Bind Off and it looked so pretty!


I knit the FO to 9" and it's probably a bit tall for an average head so I'll keep that in mind for the next one. 


I have 3 more to make. I bought like 5 balls so I have way too much yarn but I didn't want to run out LOL. 

Here's my super cool recent purchase. I'm not even a fan of the comic but knitting!


And silly cat all up in my biznez









No comments:

Post a Comment