Friday, July 21, 2017

More socks, Christine's Kitchen Quilt and my second quilt

So finished these socks.  Not sure about the colorway.  Still love the 1 x 1 rib for the top.  It's so soft.


Finally finished the blocks for the Christine's Kitchen Quilt.  Not sure what I want to do with it now.  I'm not excited about doing the applique bits.  I saw someone on instagram who took the individual blocks and made place mats and table runners and stuff so I might do something like that.  I want to quilt these trying free-motion quilting for the first time but I need to get a darning foot and also a post to hold the bobbin on an old machine that I want to start using :)


So, I made another Swatch Quilt.  I wanted to use up more of my old stash so that's why this quilt is so ugly.  Not sure why I bought these two fabrics. I basted it on my Gran's huge table.  Lots of safety pins.


I still had problems with it bunching and moving around.  I got some pointers from my coworker today.  She said to baste on tables big enough to hold the entire quilt and use more pins.  Also she said to start sewing from the middle to the outside and stitch in the ditch first and then go back and add more stitching.  And also when I'm sewing the binding, use hair clips to hold it in place. 

I want to make another quilt this size and then two lap sized quilts. One for me at work and then one for my Gran.  So hopefully I'll start improving soon!


The back fabric isn't much better looking but I still might prefer it to the front LOL


Started another pair of vanilla socks. This colorway is also a bit odd. Cantaloupe and mint green? I don't know...


Here's some cute pics of the animals.  Ripley loves to get in my way LOL.



Here she is looking sweet which is rare.


Pokey at Gran's.  I opened his crate at 8 A.M. but he didn't budge LOL.


My mom took this pic while we were at a concert in Okemah at the start of Woodyfest.  I think it embarrasses her a bit when I always bring my knitting along LOL.





No comments:

Post a Comment