Monday, July 3, 2017

Socks and capri pants and others things.

So, I finished these socks.



And started working on some dishcloths which has been a nice change of pace.  I'm still trying to use up my stash instead of buying yarn and I have plenty of cotton yarn to draw from.


These round dish cloths were so fun. I used up all of my multicolored cotton yarn remnants making them.




I was inspired by Sonya Philip so I made some capri pants using McCall's 5862.  



I added 4 inches to the pattern width by slashing and spreading and they may be a bit big but I'm still pretty happy with them.  Especially the 2 black pair.  The are great for work.


I needed some more work tops so I took the two Star Wars dresses that I made from Simplicity 1630.


And cut them down to top length.  At first I was super annoyed because I thought I cut them too short but I'm wearing the Darth Vader top today and it works perfectly with my black capris and black cardigan.


I got bored with dishcloths so I started some more vanilla socks.  Not sure about this yarn colorway.


I'm hoping to make some more summer tops in the next few weeks. I bought some cool fabric on sale so I think I'll be cutting into it soon.  After that I want to start thinking about fall and winter stuff. My sewing goal is to have enough me made stuff to participate in #MeMadeMay in the spring :)



No comments:

Post a Comment