Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Yes Checks hat, Sockhead hats, Smooth Operator socks and Open Wide pouches

Finished my last pair of socks from the Felici yarn that I bought on sale last spring.  I feel alot more confident with socks now. I ordered 4 skeins of Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn from Knit Picks so I can keep working on socks and try some new patterns.


I decided to make a hat for some reason so I downloaded this free Steven West pattern and used some yarn from my stash.  I really like the way it turned out and I forgot how fun it is to make hats!  The only thing I'm not happy with is I skipped a repeat so it's shorter than I wanted.  It went to my mom and she doesn't care but still it's annoying.  If I'd made it right I would have kept it for myself lol. I bought some black yarn so I can make myself one and make it right this time.


In the meantime, I used the leftover sock yarn and made two Sockhead hats.  I really like how they turned out.  Fingering weight hats are so nice!  I never made one before.  Notice the closure on the pink and purple striped hat.  It ended up looking like a boob with a purple nipple lol. I kept both of these for myself <3




Finally got around to sewing up the Open Wide Zippered Pouches that I had cut out for ages.  I was so excited to get the Wonder Woman fabric so I could make a knitting bag to hold my Wonder Woman Shawl project but now I'm wondering whether I want to make it or not lol.  I'm worried that I won't get much use out of it or it won't turn out how I like.  We'll see...


So got my new yarn in the mail and immediately started a pair of Smooth Operator Socks.  I bought the pattern when the designer had a sale.  I was eager to try it but worried about trying a new heel.  I did it last night and it was so fun!  It had a few problems with a hole on one side that I had to stitch up and I ended up adding an extra stitch somewhere but I fixed it.  I'm sure the next one will be even better.  In the future, I won't pick such a dark yarn to try a new pattern or technique.  Made it a bit harder than I would have liked lol.


Eclipse fever hit Oklahoma too so here's a cute pic of my Mom and Gran viewing the eclipse on her back deck lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment