Tuesday, May 31, 2016

8 More Baby Hats

So I finished 8 more hats.  I was tempted to hang on to them and dole them out so I could stay on the 4 hat a week skedge but I decided to send them on to their new homes.  I've now completed 20 hats so I'm halfway there!  Yeah!!!
 
I combined two strands on the hat in the top left of the pic below.  I learned that if both yarns are of the same weight then it doesn't turn out very well and it made for a very heavy and stiff hat!  Also, I didn't get the cool color blend that I got when I was made the Sarah's Slouch.
 
 
The purl rows look better in this batch.  I made them three rows apart instead of 4 so the top purl row doesn't get distorted when I start reducing.  That neon pink totally blows out the camera LOL.

 
 
I've been working on some sewing projects so hopefully some finished projects pics coming up.  My silly cat is obsessed with that strawberry pincushion.  She's constantly stalking it when my back is turned!  Maybe I should buy her some toys lol
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment