Monday, May 9, 2016

I Am A Teenage Mutant Hat, Antler Toque and other FO's

I finished the orange Antler Toque for my friend Ian!  I like the way it turned out even tho it's super bright!  I made the largest size and cast on 106 stitches but I only did the cable pattern for 8 rounds instead of the recommended 9.  I think it looks better and will fit better.  I love this pattern and will probably make it again as a go to gift hat.
 
 
 
We got this amazing book at the library!
 

I immediately copied the patterns for the hats I Was A Teenage Mutant and Suture.  I used some beautiful yarn.  Malabrigo Rios in English Rose and it knits like a dream!
 

 
I've finished with the body but I need to finish the closure in kitchener stitch and I'm super worried that I'm going to screw it up!


 
I started this cute Owl Beanie while I was waiting for a flat to be fixed.  It's a free pattern on Ravelry.  It's made with Malabrigo Arroyo in Arco Iris.  


 
 
I love the little owls!  I immediately cast on 30 extra stitches because I knew 90 wouldn't be enough in a DK weight for my big ole head.  I worked the pattern till I finished the owls because I couldn't resist!  I could tell tho that it was still too small so after two false starts with 150 and 140 I settled on 130 and I'm just gonna keep going until it's done!  I think it'll fit me ok.  It sucks with a 10 stitch repeat because there isn't much room to add or subtract stitches.

 
 
I also finally finished my cousins Christian's Hats and sent them to their new homes.  The black one is extra big because my cousin Matthew claims he has an abnormally large head.  I didn't get a chance to fit it but I'm pretty confident that it will work for him.  The green one is for my Cuz Reagan.  Just in time for summer LOL.
 
I want to try and make a few coke cozys with the basketweave pattern.  I love the texture of it and I'm kind of done with Cascade 220.  It feels so coarse now after knitting with Malabrigo.  It will be a good way to use up my last few bits.


 
Here's Old Poke at the Mother's Day dinner at my Gran's.  The little kids really love him.  Some are more gentle then others.  This little boy wanted to pet him sweetly.  The other boy wanted to slap him LOL.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment