Saturday, May 21, 2016

The 40 Baby Hat Challenge


Remember when I made those baby hats for the Storytime Baby Dolls at work?  Well, I've been asked to make more for the Storytime Baby Dolls at the other library branches.  That's 10 branches times 4 dolls each!  So I'll be making 40 hats!  My plan is to make 4 a week.  I made 4 this week and 4 last week so if I stay on track I should be done by July 16th!  I'm taking a sock knitting class in June so that might slow me down a bit but we'll see.

I'm using Magic Loop and it is the best!  I'm never making baby hats with DPN's again.  ML is so fast and easy.

I've combined my stash of acrylic which I'll probably never use and 3 pastel skeins from work.  I'm not sure if it will be enough.  I doubt I will use the black.  Kind of dour for a baby doll.




Right now I'm using 2 patterns.  The Baby Bear Hat (without the ears) and the LCD Basic Hat Free.  I might change it up if I get super bored but I don't really wanna do anything to that might extend my project estimate.  

Below is the first set of hats that I made last week.  I really love the I Love This Yarn Stonewash line.  On the doll is the Mint Lace color.  I also have the other colors available: Coraline, Deep Violet and Denim.  They knit up so pretty and look a bit fancier then the solid color acrylic, I think.  Almost like hand-dyed yarn :)




The neon was really reflecting the light so I had to take a separate pic for fun lol.




These are the hats I made this week.  I'm sticking with my fave colors so far but I guess I better start knitting up the pastels (yuck).  



Here's Pokey at Gran's yesterday.  He really wanted her attention!  That sad stare!  LOL








No comments:

Post a Comment