Monday, August 1, 2016

Hats for the hospital and ballband dishcloths

I've really gotten into this dishcloth pattern! It's called Ballband Dishcloth and it's alot of fun.
 
I made some grey ones for my brother.
 
 
 
University of Oklahoma themed pair for my supervisor.

 
 
And I made the Ballband Dishtowel Pattern for me.  I didn't make it as wide as the pattern and I'm glad that I didn't because it is heavy enough the same width as the original pattern.
 
 
I finished the Owl Beanie that I think I started last May.  The yarn is variegated so the little owls don't show as well but that's ok.  I think really bold owls would be a little much for me. I need to add buttons for eyes and then it's ready for the fair!  It's probably a little too simple to win anything at the fair but I'm still proud of it.  I made it pretty tall so it's very slouchy. I used the Conversationalist instructions to finish it off matching the height and closure style.
 
 
 
I made 3 chemo caps for the hospital but I forgot to take a pic :(
 
I also participated in the #summerstitchfest16 last weekend.  It's a social media sewing bee type thing sponsored or I guess created by Sonya Philip.
 
It was a great way to get me motivated to finally finish the two dresses that I started like 10 weeks ago :/
 
I went to my mom's and we sewed together Saturday morning and then I finished it up Sunday.
 


I love it and can't believe I waited so long to finish it.
 
 
It's Simplicity 1620.  I used it last summer and found notes from 6/28/15 about hem length LOL.  So that was nice.  I used the reverse of the fabric as the outside.  The right side was too bold for my taste.  There was a really sharp contrast between the polka dots and the pink background.  I like the reverse so much better.  It looks softer and kind of 80's to me ;)  I'm hoping to wear this dress and another one that is in progress that is black to my new job starting August 16th!
 
 
Mr. Robot is blowing my mind right now!  I have to listen to an aftershow podcast to get it but I'm not complaining at all.  Rami Malek and the entire cast are so good!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment