Saturday, August 20, 2016

OSU Coasters and some Malabrigo hats

My sweet cuz Abigail left for her first year of college at OSU so I made some coasters for her fam in OSU colors. 


I wanted to start a new Sarah's Slouch Hat but needed my size 7-16" circular needle that was still on the I Was A Teenage Mutant Hat so I finally took the time to kitchener stitch the crown. It felt like it took forever but I finally got it done. Cat supervised. 


Mine doesn't look as nice as the photograph but I'm happy with it. The variegated yarn really helps disguise my first attempt at grafting. I made it an extra inch taller to accommodate my big ole head and I want to wear it covering my forehead and ears not on the back of my head like the model. 


I started a new Sarah's Slouch. I've had this project bagged and ready to go for like eight weeks. I'm using Malabrigo Rios in English Rose and Malabrigo Arroyo in Borrajas. I love the combo of purple and pink together. 



I haven't been working much on my charity hats for the hospital.  I've been getting a bit bore with those so hopefully I can get my mojo back by working on some stuff in my stash :)



No comments:

Post a Comment