Sunday, June 7, 2015

Granny's Walker Caddy

There are a bunch of free patterns online but I didn't think any of them would work well for Gran. This is what I came up with. (I like the chalk markings that I forgot to remove lol)



She has one of those big walkers with a seat and the other patterns that I found worked best with the aluminum, hospital type walkers. 

For the body, I cut a piece 7" x 12" on fold. Then, I cut two 4 1/2" x 12" pieces. And the same from midweight fusible interfacing. I ended up with a caddy that folds in half over the walker bar with ties on the side. I sewed divided pockets for her glasses, pens, magnifying glass and Sudoku. 


The ties on the back really ate up my bias tape! Ashy toes alert. 


I had to use purple when I ran out of black lol. 


The corners are hideous but luckily for me she can't see very well. 


It has pockets on both sides but I have a feeling the pockets facing away from her will never get used. I think if I make another one it will be one sided with matching bias tape ;)


Oh! And I found a home for that ugly shirt. Gran's dog Pokey can use it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment