Friday, July 3, 2015

Finally finished Christian's Hat!

I'm so glad this project is done! I had to start it three times before I got it right and I grew to hate it. But now that's its finished I'm so super happy with it!
 
 
Its the hardest thing I've done so far but since it turned out so nice I think all the hard work was worth it.  I spent so much time stressing over each row because I realized early on during my failed attempts that making mistakes in the pattern caused ugly problems later on.  My favorite part is the top.  So pretty :)
 
 
The pattern said to cast on 105 stitches but when I did that the hat was too small.  So, I changed the pattern and CO 135 stitches.  I didn't read ahead in the pattern and by just sheer luck that number of stitches worked out when I began reducing.  (I would've been in tears after all that work if it hadn't worked out lol) I had to get some coaching from my awesome knitting instructor Martha to finish it up.  Her notes are in red.
 
 
 
I can't decide if I will do the Christian's Scarf pattern or not.  That was my initial plan but after struggling with this hat for so long I'm not sure.  I have the yarn for it but I might decide on a different pattern.  If I don't like it I can always rip it out.  I got lots of practice with that on this project ;)
 
Enjoy this pic my coworkers dog Zippy.  I got to meet him when she invited me over to watch Astronaut Wives.  He was in this pose forever!  He worked so hard that I had to give him a little bit of chicken lol.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment